Op 02-07-13 13:47, W. Trevor King schreef:
Hello list!

I'm having a bit of trouble getting a new package setup on PyPI.  I've
done this a few times in the past, but maybe not since the wiki
hacking that inspired the HTTPS transition back in February.  I did
change my password back then, so I don't think that's the problem.
Anyhow, with the old URL (still mentioned in the distutils docs [1]):

   http://www.python.org/pypi

in my ~/.pypirc, I get:

   $ python setup.py register -r pypi
   running register
   running check
   Registering pycalendar to http://www.python.org/pypi
   Server response (403): You are not allowed to store 'pycalendar' package
information

With https://pypi.python.org/ in my ~/.pypirc, I get:

   $ python setup.py register -r pypi
   running register
   running check
   Registering pycalendar to https://pypi.python.org/
   Server response (200): OK

Ok, how about uploading a tarball?  With the https:// URL:

   $ python setup.py sdist upload -r pypi
        …
        running upload
   Submitting dist/pycalendar-0.1.tar.gz to https://pypi.python.org/
   Upload failed (302): Moved Temporarily

With the http:// URL:

   $ python setup.py sdist upload -r pypi
        …
   running upload
   Submitting dist/pycalendar-0.1.tar.gz to http://www.python.org/pypi
   Upload failed (403): You are not allowed to edit 'pycalendar' package
information

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Trevor

[1]: http://docs.python.org/3/distutils/packageindex.html#the-pypirc-file

I'll post my ~/.pypirc below for comparison. I have a second index-server, which you should not need. Note that I did not enter a repository url for pypi, so apparently that is not necessary.

[distutils]
index-servers =
    pypi
    plone

[pypi]
username:maurits
password:secret

[plone]
repository:http://plone.org/products
username:maurits
password:secret

If you have basically the same, then triple check that you have the correct username and password, that you have probably already done that. Maybe change the password again just to be sure.

BTW, I am using Python 2.6 or 2.7. I guess it works the same with Python 3 though.

--
Maurits van Rees: http://maurits.vanrees.org/
Zest Software: http://zestsoftware.nl