Paul Moore <p.f.moore <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Personally, none of the changes have detrimentally affected me, so my
> opinion is largely theoretical. But even I am getting a little frustrated
> by the constant claims that "what we have now is insecure and broken, and
> must be fixed ASAP".

FWIW, +1. You may be paranoid, but not everyone has to be (or suffer the
consequences of it). Security issues should be fixed without breaking things
in a hassle (which is the policy we followed e.g. for the ssl module, or hash
randomization).

The whole python.org infrastructure is built on an OS kernel written by someone
who thinks security issues are normal bugs. AFAIK there is no plan to switch to
OpenBSD.

Regards

Antoine.