On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 9:37 AM, Paul Moore <p.f.mo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> That is essentially possible now.
>
> 1. Go to Christoph Gohlke's website and download his bdist_wininst
> installers for numpy and scipy.

Exactly. And when all this settles down, hopefully Christoph, and
others, will put up binary wheels and we'll have one stop installing
that supports virtualenv, and pypi discover of "good enough" binary
wheels.

My point is that is may not be wise to try to support the more complex
builds -- they ARE complex, and trying to suppor it with an auto tool
is a bit much.

Oscar wrote:
> And actually 'pip wheel numpy' works fine for me on Windows with MinGW
installed.

Good start, but the bigger issue is that 'pip install' finds that wheel...

I'm still confused as to the state of all this -- are the tools ready
for project to start posting wheels so that pip can find them?

-Chris

--

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

chris.bar...@noaa.gov