I've not seen any documentation and/or code (other than the PEP) yet
for the _ensurepip changes that will be going into Python 3.4, but can
I check what the intention is for people using the extensibility API
in venv?

Specifically, if I want to install something as well as (or other
than) pip/setuptools when I create a venv, will venv.EnvBuilder
support that? Specifically, I'd need to be able to say whether or not
I want _ensurepip to run in the venv. Ideally, I'd also like it if the
temporary pip instance that _ensurepip uses was exposed somehow, so
that I could use it to (for example) install extra packages in my venv
build script. Obviously I could just run pip again after the venv is
created but (1) only if I install pip (I might want a builder that
uses pip to install another package, but I don't want pip in the final
venv) and (2) that's an extra process run, which has a non-trivial
runtime cost on Windows at least.

Obviously I'll be looking at testing this type of thing once the beta
comes out, but I wondered if the scripting API for venv was something
that had been thought about in advance.

Paul