On Sun, Nov 17, 2013 at 8:44 AM, Nick Coghlan <ncogh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> More accurately, it appears setuptools *does* support PEP 345 style
> environment markers, it just isn't documented at
> http://pythonhosted.org/setuptools/setuptools.html#declaring-dependencies
> *sigh*

That's because it's technically an experimental feature I hacked into
0.6c12 development shortly before the distribute merge in order to
handle setuptools' own requirements for SSL, so that setuptools could
ship just one platform-independent egg and still have
platform-specific dependencies.  ;-)

I think Jason et al may have since upgraded it to a supported feature,
but last I looked I think there may have still been issues with Jython
support for the feature.

So, the lack of documentation may still be a feature rather than a bug ATM.  ;-)