On Saturday, December 07, 2013 12:18:39 PM Paul Moore wrote:
> On 7 December 2013 11:14, Michael Jansen <i...@michael-jansen.biz> wrote:

> But as I say, I don't have a problem with what you're doing as a POSIX
> solution. I just don't think we want to get into the huge
> cross-platform filesystem layout issue here. Just accept that it's not
> Windows-compatible and move on :-)

So you consider anything that has parts that need to be installed into/under a
web server as
not windows compatible?

Anything that wants to install pdf/html documentation? Manual Pages?

Anything that needs configuration files which usually end up under /etc

Anything that requires a spool file (/var/spool normally)?

I am really just curious. How is this stuff solved under windows?

Mike

--
Michael Jansen
http://michael-jansen.biz