On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 4:07 AM, Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński
<mac...@opencsw.org> wrote:
> 2013/10/1 Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński <mac...@opencsw.org>
>>
>> Hello setuptools developers,
>>
>> I'm attempting to package the newest setuptools version (1.1.6)
>> on Solaris 9 and 10. One of the limitations of the Solaris package manager
>> (the old one, pkgadd/pkgrm), is that it is unable to handle file names
>> with
>> spaces. Would you mind renaming "script template.py" to something like
>> "script_template.py"?

Probably yes, they would mind.  ;-)  I believe the reason there's a
space there is so that the file is not importable.  (It should never
be imported; it's a data file rather than a python module.)  I suspect
you'll have better luck with a suggestion like 'script-template.py',
since that would still not be importable.

> I've created a pull request with the change, do you have any advice who
> should I talk to?
>
> https://bitbucket.org/pypa/setuptools/pull-request/33/rename-script-templatepy-to/diff

I've added a comment there about the underscore vs. dash; it looks
from the other pull requests like Jason wants issues filed describing
the problems that a pull request is intended to fix, and that may mean
he hasn't seen the pull request yet.