I searched this list for PEX and didn't find any hits, so I thought some people
here might be interested in the PEX software from Twitter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmpnGhRwsu0

is a 15-minute presentation by Brian Wickman about it and other topics. It uses
zipimport and is used to do packaging of Python software in Twitter across
multiple platforms, so it could have some relevance to recent discussions we've
been having about wheels, binary compatibility and the like. Brian has posted
here (re. PEP 425 tags most recently) but not about PEX AFAICT. I don't yet
know if there's anything particularly revolutionary about the tech (I haven't
dug into it yet) but of course it's interesting because of Twitter's size and
the usage in production.

Regards,

Vinay Sajip