On Sat, 1/2/14, Brett Cannon <br...@python.org> wrote:

> No one is talking about solving this problem overnight.
> But if we don't want to bother putting the effort in now
> then the zipimport module might as well get tossed as
> this is a constant issue that people are not designing APIs
> to support.

Whoa - nobody said that in-Python APIs of this nature shouldn't
be improved (as Christian says he's already done with this one).
I was pointing out that there are also third-party APIs that we
don't control which people will want to use, meaning that the
need [for an API] to copy in-zip resources to the file system will
be around for quite some time.

Regards,

Vinay Sajip