On 25 May 2014 02:54, "Toby St Clere Smithe" <m...@tsmithe.net> wrote:

> Daniel Holth <dho...@gmail.com> writes:
> > The plan is that pip will cache builds automatically in the future.
> > Generally build  requirements should be kept separate from install
> > requirements.
>
> This sounds like the best policy. I'm glad it's on the roadmap -- I
> presume this means I do not need to open a bug report? In fact, I tried
> to find the bug tracker (to see if such a report existed), but I must
> confess that I entirely failed in that quest.

Could you let us know what your path was in looking? I thought the trail
from docs.python.org -> packaging.python.org -> the Projects page -> the
respective GitHub/BitBucket pages was reasonably clear now (with the length
being inherent in the complexity of the problem), but the current
arrangements are all still relatively new, so it also doesn't surprise me
there are still discoverability problems.