> On 24 September 2014 03:45, Jonathan J. Helmus <jjhel...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Some of us from the Scientific Python side of development have been
>> using appveyor to build Windows wheels for a few projects.  A demo from one
>> of developers of scikit-learn gives a good overview of the process we have
>> been using [1].
>
> This is excellent. Many thanks for the pointer - you've clearly
> managed to solve some of the more annoying problems that I have been
> hitting. (I'd claim that I was getting there, but you've saved me the
> effort :-))
>
> One thing I have done is request the Appveyor team to add 64-bit
> Pythons to their build environments, which they have done, so that now
> there should be no need to install your own copy of Python (at least
> for 2.7, 3.3 and 3.4).

Under which path? Could you please issue a PR to:

https://github.com/ogrisel/python-appveyor-demo

to show how to leverage pre-installed versions of Python?

> I've copied Olivier in here as the author of the demo project, but
> would you mind if I used this as the basis of a document covering how
> to build wheels for your project using Appveyor? Obviously, I'd give
> you full credit. I'm thinking of including it as a section in the
> Python packaging guide, or maybe as a separate HOWTO document.

Feel free to reuse any of my work for your document. The license of
the scripts in python-appveyor-demo is CC0, no attribution required.

--
Olivier