> On Jan 2, 2015, at 10:51 AM, Nick Coghlan <ncogh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Getting them to manage additional keys, and get them signed and registered
> appropriately, and then supplying them is going to be a similar amount of
> work, and the purpose is far more cryptic and confusing. My proposal is
> basically that instead of asking developers to manage signing keys, we should
> instead be ask them to manage account on a validation server (or servers).

I need to think more about the rest of what you’ve said (and I don’t think it’s
a short term problem), but I just wanted to point out that “managing keys” can
be as simple as “create a secondary pass(word|phrase) and remember it/write it
down/whatever”. It doesn’t need to be “secure this file and copy it around to
all of your computers”. Likewise there’s no reason that “delegate authority to
someone else” can’t be something like ``twine add-maintainer pip pfmoore``.

---
Donald Stufft