On 17 March 2015 at 09:24, Nick Coghlan <ncogh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The main bottleneck where PEP 426 is concerned is me, and my current focus
> is on Red Hat & Project Atomic (e.g.
> http://connect.redhat.com/zones/containers,
> https://github.com/projectatomic/adb-atomic-developer-bundle) and the PSF
> (e.g.
> https://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonSoftwareFoundation/ProposalsForDiscussion/StrategicDecisionMakingProcess)

I'll add in a couple of other relevant links regarding my current "not
PyPA" priorities:
https://forum.futurewise.org.au/t/what-role-should-foss-take-in-government/27
&
http://community.redhat.com/blog/2015/02/the-quid-pro-quo-of-open-infrastructure/

We're helping to change the world by participating in pretty much any
open source related activity, folks, even if it may not always feel
like it :)

> The main issue with PEP 426 is that are a few details in the current draft
> that I already think are a bad idea but haven't explicitly documented
> anywhere, so I need to get back and address those before it makes sense for
> anyone to start serious work on implementing it.

Ah, I *thought* I'd filed issues for all of them, I just forgot we
were partway through migrating the draft PEPs repo to the PyPA org on
GitHub. Full set of currently open PEP 426 issues:

*
https://bitbucket.org/pypa/pypi-metadata-formats/issues?status=new&status=open&component=Metadata%202.x
* https://github.com/pypa/interoperability-peps/labels/PEP%20426

So I guess "finish migrating the draft PEPs and also migrate the open
issues" qualifies as PEP 426/459 work that needs to be done.