On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 8:56 AM, Robin Becker <ro...@reportlab.com> wrote:

> On 15/04/2015 16:49, Marcus Smith wrote:
>

>> agreed on the warning, but there is a documented workaround for this, that
>> is to put the desired constraint for C at level 0 (i.e. in the install
>> args
>> or in your requirements file)
>>
>> see case #2 here
>> https://pip.pypa.io/en/latest/user_guide.html#requirements-files
>>
>>  indeed pushing all the requirements to level 0 is a way to solve the
> dependency problem myself.

well, not all, just the cases where an override to the default "first
found, wins" routine, is needed
again, I agree a warning would be a great,  just noting that people can
work around this (once they realize there's a problem), without having to
manually order things (as you mentioned in your last post)