On 04/22/2015 03:25 PM, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
> On 22.04.2015 21:08, Robert Collins wrote:
>> So - pip would have to a) detect both styles of package, b)
>> automatically install all installed-but-wrong-style versions to match
>> the site installed ones. And if any of the packages in the namespace
>> only support legacy, everything would be clamped down to legacy.
>
> I don't think support mixed setups is really a practical option.

Isn't it supposed to be a supported feature?
https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0420/#migrating-from-legacy-namespace-packages

I realize I should know this, but it's been a while since I wrote it.
And I'd swear there are test for this, but I can't find them right now.
But I'm away from home and will have more time to research this later.

Eric.