Hello

  I will provide more details about what I need to achieve

I need to create a package for a tool that I create. Actually the tool that
I created is a wrapper over ovftool which is provided by VMWare. ovftool
install binary is provided as a bundle hence there is no package installed
in the system ( `dpkg -l`  will not list ovftool package ). ovftool will be
installed in /usr/bin/ location.

   While creating the package I need to check if ovftool is available in
the system and the version is 4.1.0. If it is not compatible, I need to
fail the package installation with proper message. So how do I write
setup.py for achieving the same.

Thanks
Salil