LGTM

To clarify in this spec to specify a couple of requirements for the [foo]
extra would you have to say

[foo] requests
[foo] sqlalchemy

Compare to requires.txt from setuptools which IIRC is a plain text file
like so, with normal requirements not in a section, and extra or
conditional requirements in sections named [extra_name;marker]:

unconditional
requirements==4.7

[;marker]
non-extra requirement if marker evaluates to true

[extra]
unconditional
requirements
for
extra

[extra;marker]
requirement for extra with if marker evaluates to true