On 17 November 2015 at 23:43, Thomas Güttler
<guettl...@thomas-guettler.de> wrote:

> Am 17.11.2015 um 13:48 schrieb Donald Stufft:
>>

>>> On Nov 17, 2015, at 6:33 AM, Nathaniel Smith <n...@pobox.com
>>> <mailto:n...@pobox.com>> wrote:

>>> Presumably there will be a dependency parser added to the 'packaging'
>>> library, which already exists as a standard
>>> place to stick stuff like this, so you'll just use that. (E.g. it's what
>>> pip uses for PEP 440 version parsing today.)
>>>
>>> https://pypi.python.org/pypi/packaging
>
> Nice, a re-usable library :-)
>
> Since I don't see a reason for two implementations, I think the PEP should
> provide a link to the implementation.

No, it shouldn't, as the whole point of these PEPs is to get away from
implementation defined behaviours. If somebody can't implement their
own library from scratch using just the material in the PEP, then the
PEP is incomplete.

However, it may be worth pointing to "packaging" from
https://packaging.python.org/en/latest/current/ for the sake of folks
implementing their own tooling (or adapting existing tools). At the
moment, I believe the only reference is from the full project listing
at https://packaging.python.org/en/latest/projects/#packaging

Regards,