https://github.com/manylinux/manylinux/commit/2e49cd16b89e0d6e84a5dc98ddb1a916968b73bc

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/manylinux/manylinux/2e49cd16b89e0d6e84a5dc98ddb1a916968b73bc/pep-513.rst

>> I haven't sent to the PEP editors, because they already have another
>> diff from me sitting in their inboxes and I'm not sure how to do this
>> in a way that doesn't confuse things :-)
>

> Now that pip and wheel both support the Python 3 SOABI tags on 2.X, is
this necessary? The ABI tag should be set correctly on both the build and
installation systems, so is including it as part of the manylinux1 ABI (and
fixing it to wide builds only) overkill?

Hah, I just asked the same thing :-). Clearly I should finish scrolling
through my inbox before replying...

Anyway, I would like to know this as well. :-)

Also, just to confirm, the new releases of pip and wheel enable this for
2.x; is it also available for all 3.x?

-n