> On Feb 16, 2016, at 11:55 PM, Robert T. McGibbon <rmcgi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 4:10 PM, Glyph Lefkowitz <gl...@twistedmatrix.com
> <mailto:gl...@twistedmatrix.com>> wrote:
> This whole section is about a tool to automatically identify possible issues
> with these wheels - https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0513/#auditwheel
> <https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0513/#auditwheel> - so I don't even
> really know what you mean by this comment.  I thought that the existence of
> this tool is one of the best parts of this PEP!
>
> Oh cool! Thanks, Glyph! I had a lot of fun writing it.

It really cuts to the heart of the problem with python builds: you can
accidentally depend on some aspect of the platform in a way which requires
nuanced understanding of the native build toolchain to understand.  For what
it's worth this is definitely a problem on OS X and Windows as well
(accidentally depending on homebrew or chocolatey for example); any chance
you'll be extending it to deal with 'dumpbin' and 'otool' as well as 'ldd'?