On 04/26/2016 07:10 AM, Donald Stufft wrote:

Alternatively, he could have just produced a wheel from any checkout at
all if the MANIFEST.in excluded a file that would otherwise have been
installed.

Yes. My MANIFEST.in starts with an 'exclude enum/*' and then includes all files it wants.

This sort of thing is why I'm an advocate that we should only
build sdists from checkouts, and wheels from sdists (at the low level
anyways, even if the UI allows people to appear to create a wheel
straight from a checkout).

My current process is:

  python3.5 setup.py sdist --format=gztar,zip bdist_wheel upload

What should I be doing instead?

--
~Ethan~