On Tue, May 3, 2016 at 9:29 AM, Jim Fulton <j...@jimfulton.info> wrote:
> But wait, it's worse. Unlike ReStructuredText, there's no Markdown standard.

We agree that this is a problem, and it's why I don't use Markdown
when tools don't force it.

> In my last job, I had to use a suite of tools (from a single company
> that I won't name but is easy to guess :) )  for which no 2 tools used
> the same dialect of Markdown. :(

Truly a joy.  I'm glad things are better now.  :-)

> Which begs the question, which dialect of Markdown are you suggesting
> we support. :)

If we go with Nick's idea of a client-side solution, we really don't
have to pick just one flavor, though I'd expect GFM would win out for
practical purposes.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.    <fred at fdrake.net>
"A storm broke loose in my mind."  --Albert Einstein