Am 26.05.2016 um 20:28 schrieb Daniel Holth:
Maybe there could be a way to say "the most recent release that has a wheel for my
platform". That would help with the
problem of binaries not being available concurrently with a new source
distribution.

I don't get what you want to say.

If you are maintainer, then there is no "my platform". There is matrix:

 python_versions x supported_platforms

If you have optional dependencies this matrix gets a third dimension :-)

Tell me if I speak none sense, but AFAIK there are two ways to
to build for other platforms:

 1. Cross compiling: you create code for platform B an platform A.
 2. VM: create code for platform B on platform A by running a VM of platform B.

I guess taking the second way is easier - but slower.

Before coding a single line I would check what already exists (outside the "python
world")

What do you think?

Please tell me what's wrong with above text.

Regards,
  Thomas Güttler

--
Thomas Guettler http://www.thomas-guettler.de/