> On Jul 13, 2016, at 3:12 PM, Михаил Голубев <qsolo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I'm sorry, I should have posted my commentary here, not in the separate
> thread.
>
> We have some issues with suggested "/simple" endpoint. Despite the need to
> scrap the web page, old endpoint allowed us to quickly find latest versions
> of the packages hosted on PyPI. We did a single request on IDE startup and
> showed outdated installed packages in the settings later. Index "/simple"
> however contains only package names and links to the dedicated pages with
> their artifacts (not for each of them, though). It means that now we have to
> make tons of individual requests to find the latest published version for
> each installed package. Isn't it going to load the service even worse?
>
> So, yes, we're interested most in the latest version of a package.

Ok, we don’t currently have an API like that (largely because nobody has come
up with a use case that was pressing enough to need to devote resources to it).
It was requested though, and is being tracked by
https://github.com/pypa/warehouse/issues/347
<https://github.com/pypa/warehouse/issues/347>. This is likely enough to pull
this issue onto my radar as sooner rather than later issue.

—
Donald Stufft