On Thu, Feb 23, 2017, at 02:28 PM, Paul Moore wrote:
> I'd also drop "used to develop and deploy Python libraries,
> applications, and scripts" - why does what it's used for affect its
> category?

Things for working on & with Python code often have installation
requirements a bit different from other applications. E.g. pip installs
(or used to) with aliases specific to the Python version it runs on, so
pip, pip3 and pip-3.5 could all point to the same command. Clearly it
wouldn't make sense to do that for youtube-dl.

I'm not sure about 'tool' as a name for this category, but they often do
require different handling to general applications.

Thomas