(Ian, your messages are failing to properly quote material you're
responding to. The message you posted has no quote leaders on my
material, which looks like it was written by you; see the message at
<URL:https://mail.python.org/pipermail/distutils-sig/2017-March/030245.html>.

If this is some mangling done by GMail, you may need to change its
configuration or post using something else until it's fixed.)

Ian Cordasco <graffatcolmin...@gmail.com> writes:

> If you can find a tool that is easy to install on Linux, Windows, and Mac,
> which solves the problems above by virtue of having very good defaults, and
> is accessible to anyone with less than a few hours to waste on it... Then
> maybe I would collaborate to make it a requirement.

No-one here has argued that it be a requirement as things stand now. I'm
talking about encouraging it as a norm, by improving tool support to
make it easier.

--
 \        “The fact of your own existence is the most astonishing fact |
  `\    you'll ever have to confront. Don't dare ever see your life as |