On 17 March 2017 at 12:50, Leonardo Rochael Almeida
<leoroch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm +0 on this proposal (the lack of enthusiasm coming from the fact that
> multiple projects will be affected), but I'm -lots on any proposal
> forbidding installation of different versions in different directories.

The comment I made was simply that having different versions in
different directories *both of which are on sys.path at the same time*
is invalid - it is now, and nothing I suggested changed anything, I
was just suggesting documenting that fact. (That setup might work, as
long as *all* of the files in the "inactive" version are completely
shadowed by the active version, and yes that's normally the case, but
nothing in the import or packaging infrastructure makes sure that's
the case, so there's a risk of unexpected bugs).

But whatever. If people don't want to document the restriction, that's
OK. Doesn't mean it's going to work any better, of course :-)

Paul