Are there docker images suitable for testing manylinux packages. I am guessing the manylinux1 images might be suitable, provided I drop all building of libraries inside them and then just use the pythons I want to test against.

Reason I'm asking is that I noticed that I was building images where the final grafting didn't seem to be happening I assume something must have been wrong with the repair_wheehouse command.

My manylinux1 images were 4 weeks old. The situation improved after I updated today.

However, I have been testing these 'bad' wheels and they all appeared to work. Problem is that I'm only bundling freetype, libpng and libz and I guess my test systems all have those.

So is it reasonable for me to use the manylinux1 images as a null linux so I can pip load my stuff from the local file system and test it all runs on a system with almost no libraries built in?
--
Robin Becker