On Fri, Jul 21, 2017 at 11:39:01AM +0200, Krzysiek Płachno wrote:
> Guys! Thanks a lot for all your responses and willingness to help!
>
> Yesterday I noticed this `requires_dist` in response for Requests package. But
> actually it was the only one that had this field populated from many packages
> that I asked API for. So this cannot be reliable way of getting dependecies.
>
> So if not using pip, the only way to get dependencies is from built packages:
> .whl and .egg.
> So in .egg it'd be: EGG_INFO/requires.txt and in .whl :
> <packageName-version>.dist-info/metadata.json, right?

I've had some luck parsing *.egg-info/requires.txt files in sdists.
This is not 100% reliable (a setup.py may dynamically-compute the
install_requires list during install time depending on sys.version_info
or other factors), but it was good enough for my purposes.

https://github.com/mgedmin/ztk-py3-status/blob/master/get_deps.py

Regards,
Marius Gedminas
--
Hi. I'm the "I love you" .signature virus. You have been infected.
Please panic immediately.