Wes Turner kirjoitti 27.07.2017 klo 02:36:

On Wednesday, July 26, 2017, Paul Moore <p.f.mo...@gmail.com <mailto:p.f.mo...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    <https://virtualenv.pypa.io/en/stable/installation/>> don't work.
    <https://github.com/pypa/virtualenv/issues/1042>>. A comment on that
    <https://pypi.python.org/simple/virtualenv-15.0.1.tar.gz>", but that
    > does not work either.

    I didn't get the impression that this was the problem the OP was
    hitting, and it's certainly not what I'd recommend for him, but you
    should be able to just clone the virtualenv repo and run ```python
    virtualenv.py``` to get started.

A shallow clone would minimize the bandwidth cost:

$ git clone --depth=1 https://github.com/pypa/virtualenv

Doesn't work for projects using setuptools_scm, as they require the latest tag to get the version info.
If all you need to do is bootstrap a latest pip and virtualenv, there's always get-pip.py?

- Docs: https://pip.pypa.io/en/stable/installing/#installing-with-get-pip-py
- Src: https://bootstrap.pypa.io/get-pip.py

$ python get-pip.py --user
$ ~/.local/bin/pip install --user virtualenv virtualenvwrapper

    Paul