> On Oct 20, 2017, at 9:30 AM, Paul Moore <p.f.mo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 20 October 2017 at 14:26, Matthew Brett <matthew.br...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thanks for the heads-up.
>>
>> Will y'all be doing a PyPI pre-release so we can test with `pip
>> install --pre -U pip`?
>
> We've not yet decided on that. Traditionally I don't think we have
> done so, but I'm inclined to think it's a good idea. It might not be
> until noticeably closer to the release, though…

I used to cut pre-releases for pip, and after awhile I gave up on doing them
because it felt like nobody ever actually reported any issues with them
anyways, and it wasn’t until we cut the final release that we started finding
bugs with them. I don’t have any problem with us starting to issue them again
though and seeing if we start catching issues earlier this time.