I don’t have the authority to do it, but I would really love to see virtualenv
getting maintenance.

Pipenv still depends on virtualenv because for not only Python 2. I am already
working on switching
to venv for Python 3.5+, but we will continue to need virtualenv for quite a
while due to some
compatibility issues, even on Python 3. We occasionally get bug reports about
virtual environment
creation, and those generally are due to some long standing bugs in virtualenv.
It would be awesome
if we could point reporters somewhere to actually get things fixed, instead of
say sorry with a shrug.

I am not suggesting in particular who should be the maintainer(s) (but also not
objecting to Sorin’s
proposal), but virtualenv really needs a maintainer.

TP