No, PyPI is an open repository, anyone can upload code. If we're informed
of a malicious package, we'll remove it, but we can't make any claims to
the security of individual packages.

Alex

On Thu, Feb 7, 2019 at 9:55 PM Prateek Mohta <prateek.mo...@equifax.com>
wrote:

> Hey ,
>
> I wanted to check if the packages available on Pypi.org are scanned for
> any security vulnerabilities or not, can you please confirm.
>
> My concern is how do you control if someone uploads a malicious code on
> Github
>

> Prateek Mohta
> Data Scientist, Data and Analytics
> Equifax Inc.
>
> O 770-740-5756
> C 404-797-3893
> [cid:image002.png@01D4BF16.AE5EC860]<http://www.equifax.com/>
>

> This message contains proprietary information from Equifax which may be
> confidential. If you are not an intended recipient, please refrain from any
> disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this information and note that
> such actions are prohibited. If you have received this transmission in
> error, please notify by e-mail postmas...@equifax.com. Equifax® is a
> registered trademark of Equifax Inc. All rights reserved.

All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good people to do nothing.