A few folks will be getting together on Saturday and doing a short in-person sprint on some Python packaging & distribution tools, around 10am-4pm ET, at a coworking space/lounge in New York City.

A few packaging/distribution folks, e.g., a Twine contributor, a pip bug fixer/triager, and a Warehouse maintainer (me), are confirmed as coming. I figure we'll review some open pull requests, triage bugs to find ones we can close as no longer reproducible, and explain stuff to each other.

I think we've already run out of space for who can participate in person, but please feel free to hang out and chat with us via IRC! I'll be on Freenode IRC (#pypa-dev) as user "sumanah". And that way logs of our conversations will also be available at http://kafka.dcpython.org/channel/pypa-dev .

(If you have never contributed to Python packaging/distribution tools before, and you want to start, this is probably not the best event for you; let me know, and I'll set up a more introductory event in the future.)

--
Sumana Harihareswara
Warehouse project manager