Thanks for your thoughtful words, Alan.

Yes, I and Alyssa are the moderators.

I’m afraid I’m still getting caught up. (Haven’t even had coffee yet!) I saw
the first couple of e-mails in the thread last night, but no more until this
morning, and I’m afraid I don’t know what “other thread” people are referring
to.

Hopefully everyone can take a deep breath, and step away from the keyboard for
a bit. If necessary, I can enforce that by fiat (at least for this list), but
I’d rather not have to do that.

I agree that “something” needs to be done, but I’m not sure what the right
“something” is. I hope you will all forgive me if I take a bit of time this
morning to read the stream of emails carefully and think about it (and drink my
coffee!).

I would welcome off-list comments.

Darrell