Subject: Re: [Diversity-talk] UK Chapter Feedback on Diversity Statement
From: Rory McCann
To: Adam Hoyle ,diversity-talk@openstreetmap.org
CC:

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the feedback from OSMUK.

The 2nd line of the Diversity Statement says:

> We have created this diversity statement because we believe that a diverse OpenStreetMap community is stronger and more vibrant. A diverse community where people treat each other with respect has more potential contributors and more sources for ideas, and will create a better map.

Which could be read as a “why”. Personally, I view combating
racism/sexism/bigotry as a moral imperative. Also some OSM groups around
the world have welcomed the statement.

Just FYI there is no Diversity Working Group, but instead a Special
Committee. Working Groups are semi-permanent. This mailing list is for
general interest in OSM & diversity and isn't specifically for the
Diveristy & Inclusivity Special Committeee (DISCo!)

(Although I am on this list and on the DISCo)