My actionable input:
I agree with Myrle, I'd prioritize having language simplification in
websites and docs, and I'd like to explore we draft recommendations in how
to write inclusive and effective emails (since everything happens in the
mailing list).

My non-actionable input:
As a non-native speaker, joining long elaborated email threads is
difficult, daunting and scary. I struggle to destill all points and ideas,
specially in threads that are not in tree structure. I don't know who
responded to who and what points got lost where. This is one of the primary
reasons why I don't like email. People also tend to write unnecessarly long
emails.

I'd disagree with the assumption that if someone is highly educated we
could handle these conversations. I have a Masters degree and I struggle
with long conversations and some words. I speak 4 languages and my struggle
with all of them is the same. I am not a language person. This is why I
always use bullets in my emails, I try to order my thoughts and give them
sequence.