Thanks. I'll do some experiments.

On 6/3/2019 6:38 AM, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
All, Sarah got back to me about some further refinement of her translate
trick.  See below -KAM

I brought up your wonderful Google Translate tip (below) and there was
a question on "what is a good sequence of languages for this test?"
Any comments on how you decide that?  I seem to remember you saying
something about it at the conferences eons ago :-)

Hi Kevin,

It's great that this is helping more people. I don't really have a set
order, but I do try to hop around between languages that wouldn't share
much in common. So, a romance language like Spanish or French, then hop
around the globe to something very unrelated, like Tagalog, then around
again to somewhere that doesn't have much shared linguistic history. I
believe I've said "one from every continent" in talks before, which
might be what you remember?

Hope that helps, and thanks for spreading the word about this method!

Sarah Kiniry

On Thu, May 30, 2019 at 2:27 PM Kevin A. McGrail <kmcgr...@apache.org