On 8/30/21 6:07 AM, sebb wrote:
The CLC checker flags lots of words, but does not give any help to
projects in how to replace them.

Whilst different contexts may require different solutions, it would
help to at least point to some pages where previously worked out
solutions are described.

Otherwise projects are likely to waste a lot of time trying to find a
suitable repalcement or just not bother.

All stick and no carrot.

There is no stick at all - no mandate or compulsion of any kind. The carrot is the opportunity to make our communities more welcoming.

The CLC site links to the InclusingNaming.org, and, in particular, https://inclusivenaming.org/language/word-list/

We can certainly make this more evident. I'll attempt to make the 'about' page less terse.

--
Rich Bowen - rbo...@rcbowen.com
@rbowen