jofland wrote:
> @chill: How did you connect your 7 preset buttons to the gpios? I have
> connected 2 rotary encoders, 1 infrared, so I have only 5 gpios left
> free. I thought about using an port extender MCP23017 but don't get it
> connected/routed to sbpd.

How'd you do your buttons and rotary encoders?

I'm new to this, but I'm going to be putting together a 'box' of sorts
using PiCorePlayer, 3.5" Touch Screen, 2x rotary encoders, maybe some
buttons, and outputting the DAC straight to a set of chip-amps
(TDA7293s).

Unfortunately, while I know there's ways to use the encoders and buttons
via GPIO, I'm not entirely sure how to do the plugins yet.

Ideally I'm thinking one rotary for volume and the other acting like a
mouse scroll wheel to navigate menus.   Pushbuttons would be hard coded
to Enter (Select), Menu Back,  Play/Pause, Prev/Next, and Power....I
think.  IF I have enough Pins