On 07 Aug 2008, at 13:50, Jos I. Boumans wrote:

On 06 Aug 2008, at 19:34, Artur Bergman wrote:

AFAIR if you return from a hook like that, it is supposed to terminate the hook chain and proceed.

So in this case, as long as the password matches when StaticPassword returns, then you are good to go.

Solution would be not to use StaticPassword

After a short IM conversation, it turns out that this is more a documentation issue and perhaps needing a slight tweak to AllowedUsers (to also register a GetPassword hook) rather
than a serious issue.

Implemented here:

http://code.sixapart.com/trac/djabberd/changeset?new=branches% 2Fkane-hacking%2FDJabberd%40808&old=branches%2Fkane-hacking%2FDJabberd %40806

Time to take a cup of tea and wait for the code review fairies do their work :)

--

  Jos Boumans               http://www.linkedin.com/in/josboumans

  How do I prove I'm not crazy to people who are?