Il 06/09/2016 14:10, Patrick Heneghan ha scritto:
> Hi Iacopo,
>
> It might help for me to explain this in context - for example, I'm going
> to have a "post type" called "blog", which should have title and content
> fields, and then "event", which should have additional location, date,
> and time fields.
>
> I know it would be possible for the user to create a page with the
> required fields by dragging and dropping the correct plugins onto the
> page. However, I would like the user to be able to simply click "new
> Event" and have those fields already on the page, waiting to be filled in.
>
> So, I think what I need is a Page Type - which would already contain the
> correct empty fields, but not yet contain any content. Would you agree?

Bear in mind that django CMS Pages are not somethign you can extend,
except than using Page/Title extensions
(http://django-cms.readthedocs.io/en/release-3.3.x/how_to/extending_page_title.html),
which are not really intended to add the content of the page but rather,
ancillary data or metadata.

You may want to explore the possibility to use dedicated Django
applications for structured content (say aldryn-newsblog or
djangocms-blog to handle blog posts etc)

--
Iacopo Spalletti

Nephila s.a.s. - Firenze
Telefono: +39 055 5357189