As of revision 879, I've added experimental support for MS SQL Server
database backends, thanks to a patch from [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To use it, just change your DATABASE_ENGINE setting to "ado_mssql".

I don't have access to SQL Server, so I haven't been able to test it.
I have no idea how well it works, although I've looked at the code to
make sure it fits our coding standards. If you've got access to SQL
Server, it'd be a *great* help if you could do any of the following:

* Run the Django unit tests with SQL Server as the backend. Just run
tests/runtests.py and file a ticket with the bugs if there are any
aside from the three "one_to_one module" test failures (which are a
known issue).

* Figure out how to provide the port in the connection string, if possible.

* Verify the MS SQL random function is indeed "RANDOM()" (from
get_random_function_sql() in django.core.db.backends.ado_mssql).

Queries with LIMIT and/or OFFSET probably won't work, because SQL
Server appears to use "SELECT TOP" instead of LIMIT/OFFSET. Elegant
solutions to this problem are welcome. :)

The more eyes we get on this one, the sooner we can make sure it's
solid. Thanks for any help!

Adrian

--
Adrian Holovaty
holovaty.com | djangoproject.com | chicagocrime.org