# I believe that PythonistL did not asked about running it on CGI. He
# asked to run it on the shared webhosting. And noted some issues.

Right: he didn't ask about running it on CGI; it was just stated that
running it on CGI is his only option, and it's such a nasty one that
he ought to consider changing providers.

# I believe that there is / will be shared webhosting with mod_python
# / fastcgi support. (At least he can ask admin of LJW, who posted the
# offer somewhere here :)

Yeah, several providers do exist:

http://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/DjangoFriendlyWebHosts

# 2. mod_python on shared webhosting requires restart of Apache, when django
# models change in order to take effect.
# 3. httpd.conf on shared webhosting is not available (for custom change)
#
# If we deal with #2 and #3 Django can be more adopted.

I don't see these as restricting adoption, but I don't know the stats
for how many people in shared environments would make use of django.
These things are obviously more a property of the hosting environments
than of how django is designed.  Django already provides a long list
of configuration options to solve this problem.  If one's hosting
provider isn't sufficiently accommodating...

--
  Jonathan Daugherty
  http://www.parsed.org