I discovered tonight that when you create a manipulator from a model
that contains a ForiegnKey field, it generates a SelectField and
pre-populates the form field object's choices attribute with all the
possible values. So far so good . . . except that the primary key in
the related table is an AutoField, so it shouldn't be possible to
assign to it.

Is this a bug? Is there a way to suppress this behavior? I tried
assigning limit_results_to in the model definition but that doesn't
seem to apply to the creation of the form field. This is a performance
concern, since I'm seeing a noticeable pause (3 or 4 seconds) with only
50K rows in the DB . . . I can't imagine how painful this would be with
10x or 100x the data.

TK