I haven't been following the magic removal branch closely, but here:
http://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/RemovingTheMagic

There is a migration script for mysql.  This line looks wrong:
ALTER TABLE auth_groups_permissions RENAME TO auth_group_permissions;

Rename to the same name?
Perhaps:
ALTER TABLE auth_groups_permissions RENAME TO auth_group_permission;
?

Similarly in the postgres migration script, these look wrong:
ALTER TABLE auth_groups_permissions RENAME TO auth_group_permissions;
ALTER TABLE auth_groups_permissions_id_seq RENAME TO
auth_group_permissions_id_seq;

... I know this is trivial, but since I dunno what's changed, I didn't
want to do the wrong thing by editting the wiki incorrectly.