OK, thanks for all the clarifications and corrections. A couple quick

(Sean)
> For any admin / web type guy a 'site' is a machine / virtual server. It
> contains many projects / apps / whatever.

This actually isn't true for me -- my virtual server has a dozen
domains on it, and for me, those are the "sites."

(Malcolm)
> It is kind of logical, since a project
> is a collection of applications and the configuration that ties them all
> together. But, inuitively, I think of a "site" as something more
> specific still, but I'm not really sure why it is that different.

I wasn't sure either when I made the original posting, though I'm
starting to get the picture. This may be a documentation issue.

pb