On 3/28/06, pbx <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> At this point I'm just pretending magic-removal *is* the trunk. I've
> ported all my play stuff to it, am using the admin to manage content
> for a couple existing non-Django sites, and am developing a production
> site in it at work now as well. Most of the time the limiting factor in
> functionality is my own competence, not bugs in the framework!

I've only been working with magic-removal as well.

It might be worth considering puting in some backwards-compatibility
with 0.91, though, keeping a meta module but giving a deprecation
warning if it's used, warning if your model has a META class, etc. I'm
thinking meta can be a light wrapper around model in a lot of cases.
It would probably help the early adapters a lot. The list of things
that need to be changed when going from 0.91 to 0.92 is pretty large.
And then remove the deprecated stuff prior to 0.93 or 1.0.

One thing the Zope people are doing right is gradually integrating
Zope 3 components into Zope 2 so that there's an easier migration
path. Zope 3 is probably more like Django or Turbogears than Zope 2,
though so far I think Django's a lot easier to learn than Zope 3.
--
The Pythonic Principle: Python works the way it does
because if it didn't, it wouldn't be Python.