On 26 Jun 2006, at 11:51, Daniel Poelzleithner wrote:

> What i still missing is a possibility to use other values to find the
> right view (most likely the http host header).
> I suggested http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/1192 but Adrian
> doesn't
> like it for some reason I can't understand :)
>
> Anyway, maybe there could be some nice and clean way to use
> callables in
> urlconfs to allow such things.

The original intention with the URL resolver was for it to be easily
swappable for alternative implementations that use a different
mechanism (we were worried that lists of regular expressions wouldn't
be fast enough, but that turned out not to be a problem). Along the
way that abstraction seems to have got lost, but it would be nice to
get it back so that alternative URL resolving mechanisms could be
dropped in if required. That's a subject for another thread though.

Cheers,

Simon