Jan.
a CLA protects from people changing their minds as well, and in some
cases actually
assets that the person assigning the copyright over is the actual owner.

from my point of view it should be weighed up as follows:

cons of having people sign a CLA:
- about 20 minutes if they are an individual
- about 3 weeks if they work for a corporate (maybe shorter or
longer), depending on how anal your firm's lawyers are.

pros:
- possible extra protection

FWIW.. having a written agreement between you and your company saying
it is OK for you to do this stuff is also important for the developer.